Saturday, December 31, 2005

Top 10 Moments of 2005: Number 1

Is it any surprise to most of you that my participation in VCF's Big Coporate Event(BCE) in the first two and a half months of this year ranks as my top experience of 2005?

Falling Spinning was so many things to me. It was not only my musical debut having acted since I was seven, it was also where I had to revisit many of my past issues as I did a little bit of method acting research to get a better sense of my character.

From the fundraising when we went all around Clementi collecting newspapers to the preparation process to the final production, I saw for the first time in a very tangible way what it means for VCF to be the proverbial body of Christ.

I remembered how I distinctly 'saw' my CAP score flash before me when I was on my way back after my audition at AS7. Deciding to participate in this musical was quite a monumental decision in itself, as I had to grapple with my inner demons. I had to reconcile performance as being an act of worship unto God and not unto myself.

And the two month preparation time was quite easily the busiest I ever was. Rehearsals were up to four times a week, and there were so many times rehearsals ended so late there were no more buses back.

As such, the intensity of the whole process ensured that it was a very thorough learning process for myself. On hindsight, recalling some of the issues I was grappling with, like how he was prompting me to let go of reason, it was probably also God's way of warning of what was to come in the later half of 2005.

Old problems like my obsession with grades turned up in its full fury in haunting me. I had thought over the course of BCE, God had nagged at me enough for me to relinquish control, but from the look of things much later, I seriously doubt it.

And just as things were descending pretty much into a mess, I was reminded that if my heart condition was not right, the sacrifice that I have made in the whole musical production process will not be accepted by God.

By the time the final evening show was done, even though I was bloody exhausted and part of me was glad it was all over because I could hit the books, the most part of me wished the last two months could have lasted a bit longer. I was not ready to move on yet.

Yet I am reminded that in all of these, that the musical was evangelistic, and that the battle was far from over. In fact, it has just started with the musical.

Have a blessed new year folks. Thank you for reading this blog and for growing with me. May God fill your 2006 with His love, peace, mercy, joy and...everything He has to offer. Cheers!

1 comment:

bing said...

happy happy 2006 to you too!