Friday, December 30, 2005

Top 10 Moments of 2005: Number 2

This year's VCF Annual Teaching Camp(Anntic) held at Majodi Centre in Johor was my second-best moment of 2005.

Anntic'05 was different from the 2004 edition for me because I realised I did not make the initiative to talk to new people this year like I did last year at Cameron Highlands.

Maybe that I was a freshman last year was a factor, but this year, other than my group mates and maybe a maximum of three or four new faces, I hardly talked to anybody new. But I think it just basically reflected how Anntic this year was a deeply personal experience for me.

I went into Anntic expecting some form of direction for the new year, but I basically found myself damned by the mirror that the example of Daniel in the Bible provided.

It was a bit like when I was in the Bruneian jungles in Jan 2003 when God showed me my character flaws for all its worth. Except that this time round, it was in full view of people around me.

I took great comfort in the knowledge that I had a safe environment for God to break me in. It is good to know that even when I err, I have brothers and sisters in VCF who would come alongside me to push me back onto the path that His light is shining on.

Anntic 2005 is number two for being the time where everything came together as I began to pick up the pieces from the massive fall out a few months back.

No comments: