Thursday, December 22, 2005

Top 10 Moments of 2005: Number 10

For the past few years, I have actually posted the top 10 moments of my year on the last day of the year. Considering how characteristically verbose I am, this basically meant that it made for very hard reading for my readers.

So this year, I shall write about a top 10 moment, one at a time as I count down to 2006 - starting with number 10.

Weikang has been a good friend of mine since I decided to get myself into a cell group when I was new at St John's-St Margaret's Church in 1999. I still remembered Ailing and him being the first two people I got to know in church at the Christmas BBQ cell gathering that year.

Weikang went on to become one of my more solid Christian friends. When I was down and out during my time in OCS, he was the only person who was willing to listen to my nonsense.

But, when he left for the States on 2003 for Michigan to start his undergraduate studies, contact between the both of us has been quite minimal - more so because it also marked the start of his on-off long distance romantic relationship he started with somebody.

It was not until when he had to return to Singapore to finish an internship stinct with his scholarship company that I managed to get to talk to him again.

Meeting about three times over the two months he was back, I was just very glad to just listen and hear him share about how he struggled with the long distance relationship and how tired he was as a result.

It certainly didn't help that he had nary any Christian support in Michigan because he had not settled into any small groups in church or on campus. Before he left for the new academic year in September, I made him promise to get into one such group.

So, being able to talk to Weikang properly in person, after two long years is my number 10 moment of 2005.

No comments: