Thursday, September 08, 2005

My Inner Bitch

The inner bitch in me surfaced today in the library.

There was this bunch of people heading towards the exit on level six of Central Library just now, and they were talking so loudly that everybody knew they had a tutorial tomorrow.

I do not know what got over me, but almost instinctively, I turned my head from where I was sitting and before I even have time to think about the consequences of my action, those words just came out of my mouth.

"Eh, shut up..."

It was in my normal talking voice, but it thundered against the relative silence of the self study area on level six.

And then I nonchalently turned back and continued working on my Media Writing class assignment, behaving as if nothing has happened.

But internally, my mind was racing. What have I done?

What if I kenna beaten up when I leave the library? What if I get my collar pulled like the last time the bitch in me emerged?

Eventually though, I shrugged it off. It was quite shiok actually - venting all those angst accumulated from last semester. Frustration from people making so much noise on level six when the place was packed with people trying to study.

Whatever it is, I finished my assignment due tomorrow, which means I don't have to go to school on my free day to turn it in since I already dropped it in my lecturer's pigeon hole.

No more anxious Friday afternoons. The week's out!

No comments: