Thursday, October 08, 2009
Losing my religion, (re)gaining my faith?
Reading Andrew Sullivan's The Conservative Soul, I realized this tension between the orthodoxy of Christianity I've been brought up to know and its logical discontents will never go away. My skepticism has been unleashed some time ago and it can't be retracted. Any aspiration towards a state of being as an end in itself should just stop immediately, but the process of learning to live with this tension should commence immediately. Not everything can and should be reconciled. I should just stop hoping for a perfect state of being before I act, because that will never happen.
Also, this job hunt is inexplicably wearing me down. I have just under 10 weeks of this unpaid internship left and 10 weeks to make sure I get something paid to do. Gah, I am running out of things to say on this blog already!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment