I cannot even remember when I last waited this long for anything this significant in my life, but I will probably never forget how trying this whole wait for Columbia was.It made me doubt my own ability, but above all it reminded me of how my anxiety can partially correlate with my lack of trust in God. While I am not going to over-spiritualize this whole experience, I learnt so much about being bold in prayer and to do away with absolute end-product notions of a "good" Christian. If I wait for perfect conditions, I will never get down to doing anything or being anything for that matter.
Even though whether I will eventually get to move to New York City in August depends a lot on my financial aid package which I will know next week or how much money I can raise without incurring too much of a debt, I am immensely grateful for this selection because it is a partial vindication of everything that happened in my four years in NUS and everybody who played a part in this.
And yes, in case you are still wondering, Columbia Journalism School just notified me of my acceptance. I am immensely grateful, humbled, overjoyed and above all, just relieved I have got one less thing on my mind. Now for the thesis.

3 comments:
Hey dude, congratulations! Yeah, I think getting a place in journalism school is like a recognition and expression of your intellectual aspirations, more than the thesis itself. Yeah, I guess just do your best for the thesis now, and take great joy that the thesis is just a bump in the road towards a greater highway with God and fulfilling your intellectual and political dreams :)
congrats on journalism school, don't let the stress get to you -) enjoy the bliss of being accepted and the challenges that come in between the good moments.
Clem,
Congratulations and indeed, well done. =)
Great things await you...in the meantime, just make sure you graduate!
All the best with your thesis.
Dan.
Post a Comment