Friday, March 09, 2007

Where the heow are my reading packs?!?

I think I must be getting old. It's either my short-term memory is failing me or the fact that my level of alertness has been affected by my chronic lack of sleep.

I still find it hard to believe I actually misplaced my reading packets for 2 modules somewhere in school, either in the computer cluster, Fran's office or the toilet yesterday.

And I only found out after I came back from cell group last night and wanted to start on the readings for a presentation meeting later today.

I went back to school to try to retrace my steps, but it all came to naught. It could well be still in Fran's office because she obviously was not at work on a Saturday morning.

I dropped by the vendor to get new copies. Thank goodness she had a spare copy of the reading I need immediately. I hope they are really in Fran's office.

Whatever it is. It's 15 bucks down the drain for the replacement copy I already ordered. And don't know how many trees have I killed for nothing in the process.

All because I was forgetful. Thank goodness I don't have a habit of writing all my notes in the coursepack.

And no, I didn't "study so much until I ate those readings up" -- on the contrary, the one for sociology of deviance is still very much untouched and brand-new.

Bleargh.


P.S. (Mar 12 update) It turned out my reading packs were really in Fran's office. Not only did I get them back, but I also managed to redraw my orders for replacement copies. Other than for the second-half of the readings for social theory class, I got the rest of my money back. Thank God!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

oh my goodness. what state of panic are you in?