My life is like an irritating soap opera that refuses to end its run.
Just when I thought things were rather peaceful on this cool and breezy evening, I just found out that I lost a library book - that I did not even realise I held in possession.
I checked my diary of events and it happened on the day when I was made to shuttle between the sociology department and the library hunting down Lloyd's thesis.
It can only mean one thing - I must have misplaced it along the way while being made to go on a bureaucratic witchhunt that I totally did not have to go on. And now, in a twist of fate, I still have to "pay" for it! Hah! How nice!
If the book was left in the library, it would probably have been shelved back by now - since the librarian do not check whether the book was checked out or not. If the book was left in the sociology office, I probably have a high chance of claiming it.
But if the book cannot be found in either place, I am royally screwed because the penalty is not only the cost price, but an additional 30% mark up and an incredibly high admin fee.
And it catches me in a period when my finances are not exactly rosy. It just goes to show when it rains in my life, it never only just rains, it bloody pours.
I am just Murphy's favourite person. Everything in my life that can possibly go wrong, is going wrong. And to those of you in the know, you will know why it is e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g. Period.
I shall resist the temptation to utter a repetition of vulgarities now and hope that I can locate the book tomorrow on the shelves of Central Library.
AAARRRGGGHHH!!!
Update, 17 Oct: I found the book shelved accordingly after the librarian picked it up in the library. Thank God!
Sunday, October 16, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment