Last week, I reached a breakthrough with God even though I did not get a specific direction from God about what to do. Because all I needed to do then was to reconcile myself to the reasons for my frustration.
I remembered that things will work out all in His good time and decided that I will take it one step at a time.
But getting reacquainted with those reasons was like a reminder that I have not quite acted on what God had told me in the past.
I crashed because I was too busy to mind the basics of my faith over the last six years or so.
And over the course of the last week, the call to simplicity was made all the more explicit.
Studying the Word the way I plan to, sounds awfully grand. And it is a grand plan that will fall flat on my face if I do not start getting back doing the relationship thing with Him again. The daily Quiet Time, the prayer time and what not.
I have come to realised that perhaps the next season of my life is one of spiritual therapy - to deconditioned myself from the mindset that service equates to doing more and more.
To go back to minding my private spiritual life. To go back to dealing with the issues that I should have but have not, for some reason or another.
And maybe just maybe, at the end of it all, I would know better than to get myself too caught up in the things I do. In a nutshell, to know what it means to be moderate and to do things that really matter at the end of the day.
I have been stubbornly trudging along all this while. I cannot afford not to listen this time.
Friday, August 26, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment