It's so surreal, so unreal evenSo much silence between us, but still I hanker
That random chance meeting, all too silent, all too painful
You might as well have left your earphones on
So much pain it rifts within me, but still I wonder
So distant, yet our imagined proximity a figment of my fantasy
So cold, but still I am tantalised, teased
It's like the forbidden fruit I know would be bad for me
but thy petulance and insistence intensifies
You, your at-the-edge moodiness threatens to explode
but the smile History and Life combined to make infrequent
Though masked, radiates with such gentility when flashed
Your imperfection, I am drawn, tickled
Drawn into this downward spiral, that sucks me in deep
I don't want to like you, but I think I do
In betwixt and in between, death and life
One of many in time and space
but in a limiting linearity of time, urgency compells
Where rationality, reason and faith a potent mix
accentuates the loop of utopianism and delusion
The forbidden, the incessant and possibly, the unrequited
I like you, but nothing begets nothing
Nothing kills, but the ebb and flow of Life
You, self-confessed walking dead, killing me softly
With tis so surreal, tis' meta-techno-narrative
Addictive cancerous footnote in my so-called existence
You.

No comments:
Post a Comment