Thursday, February 22, 2007

Counting down the last minutes

I finally handed up my paper for contemporary social theory class that was originally due last Friday early this morning. It's so hard containing a critique of Jurgen Habermas' work in 10-pages, especially since I am not very familiar with his body of work.

I think my work-rate for the essay also suffered because I am fatigued from doing too much of what could possibly be the only thing I am remotely competent in. I guess when you write for a living, there's only so much you can and want to write.

And I think I have lost my ability to pull all-nighters on a caffeine-adrenaline combination to churn out 10-15 page essays in one seating. I really should find a way around being productive and motivated by the the prospect of a looming deadline.

While this practice could pass for a junior undergraduate class, I would really die if I work the same way for my honours thesis.

And I think it is very telling that the number of entries here have dramatically decreased in the last year or so. It's probably because I'm already writing so much for school and the various journalistic outlets I was/am affiliated to.

Most times, by the time I get here, I am too tired to start thinking of concretising my ideas, the structure and all the associated nitty gritties of writing. Ran out of not only my writing juices, but also the will to write anymore.

Hope this not-so-new look is better on your eye. Not-so-new because if you remember, this site previously adapted a similar template, but in black.

No comments: