Monday, December 26, 2005

Top 10 Moments of 2005: Number 5

The fifth most memorable thing about 2005 is the 4-day trip I made to Bangkok with Daniel Tham in August.

It was meant to be a mainly shopping trip, but because I originally wanted to go to Phuket to just rest before school started, Morgan compromised, so we started our days usually just before noon just so that I can sleep in and not rush around - hardly something I needed in the gap week between internship and term.

It makes number 5 also because this was my first trip I planned and went on my own, and largely funded by my own money as well. Which also meant that it burnt a big hole in my pocket and on hindsight, was not exactly the kind of restful time I should have had.

But it was good just meeting with Ick, Ying and Jent again - three Thai friends I made when we were at the East Asia Regional Conference earlier this year. I am so sure that having Ying and Jent with us at Chatuchak Market helped us saved quite a bit of baht.

It was a pity we caught Ick in the midst of his school term at architecture school, otherwise my fellow male shoe whore could have brought me to all those cool Left Foot-like shops in and around Bangkok. Another time perhaps.

No comments: