Thursday, August 11, 2005

The First Week

I was late for my first class by one hour, but it was a class I subsequently dropped. I dropped Transportation Planning in Singapore after getting Introduction to Media Studies for 993 points.

I had my first "official" outing as Contact Group Leader on Seniors Night for my Monday@Arts VCF Contact Group on Monday night.

I totally crashed out on National Day holiday on Tuesday before going for a dinner at Mark's where I found out that an old friend of mine kindda got hitched - making him the fifth friend I have to have gotten himself attached this summer.

Wednesday was also crashed. Woke up feeling as though I woke up on the wrong side of the bed and every slight thing pissed me off. Realised what spending time with a person can reveal much of a person's true character - and it is usually an unpleasant facet.

Thursday. The first lecture for "Culture and Society" was 36 minutes long and I was late for 15 minutes. Thank goodness I decided not to cab. We just had Arts Fac Freshman Welcome Tea just now at which I rambled and lost my chain of thought after wanting to say something, sounding like an utter dodo in the process.

My first week in school can be best described as being an utter blur.

I feel strangely disconnected and in a trance-like state. It feels like I am floating about school in a bubble that has not been busted yet - the bubble that is my holiday mood perhaps.

Friday is Geographical Society Welcome Tea in the morning. I am so going to dump every single Geog Soc thing back to where it belongs in the Geog Soc Room later. I had honestly enough of it. It was a bad mistake and the sole blot on my freshman year.

Sida is leaving Saturday morning. I am going to miss having my regular studying partner who drives me home at 12 midnight from school on a regular, non-exam period night. Not everybody as psychotic as me actually has a car. Heh.

I need to break out of this brain freeze as soon as possible.

No comments: