Today, I just realised I shot myself in the foot for the second time in a fortnight.
My first page lead story in today's papers was riddled with factual errors - a cardinal sin by any journalistic standards. I really felt like resigning immediately. I may have been unwell and out of sorts yesterday, but there was really nothing to excuse my oversight.
I honestly think I may have sealed my own fate with this careless oversight. Coming so soon after my missed scoop last week, I would like to think that God let all these happen so that I would learn. But a part of me wonders whether I am an utter jinx, and one who has an endless list of excuses.
Having said that, however, these are two massive craters created in my subconscious as a result of fatigue and its subsequent carelessness.
But it's really no excuse. I need to develop some way of ensuring accuracy and being more careful when I am tired.
It's a lesson learnt, and a highly embarassing one at that- can you imagine what it would be like to be speaking to the people whom I wrongly talked about in future?
Thursday, July 21, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment